Grandma Meredith's Easter Eggs


1 dozen eggs
As many onion skins as you can find

Place all of the eggs and onion skins in a large pot. Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes. Drain and cool.

You will have the most beautiful russet-colored eggs for Easter.

-- Florence Augusta Siddons Meredith, 1887-1959


Grandma Meredith became ill when I was 8 years old and died when I was 10 years old. I have very few "food" memories of her. However, I do remember us each taking a small mug and filling it with cheerios. Then we would go into her living room and watch "The Lone Ranger" on television. She loved anything involving cowboys and indians. She would also take two pressed-glass wine glasses and fill them with 7-Up. We would drink our "sparkling" drinks like ladies! Grandma Meredith had a kitchen tablecloth with a red Geranium pattern. She also had Geraniums in her kitchen window. She would sit in that window and watch me play on my swing. Geraniums always make me think of her. -- Meredith Joy Sproul Friedman.

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.